Multiple GPU Support??

Discuss Leica Cyclone 3DR software here.
Kruse
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Eric Kruse
Company Details: Hensel Phelps - Construction
Company Position Title: VDC Manager
Linkedin Profile: No

Multiple GPU Support??

Post by Kruse »

With AI classification becoming more and more integrated with all these softwares, does 3DR support and actually use multiple GPUs? I'm testing a new Threadripper system that has dual A6000's and I can't seem to find a way to have 3DR actually use both GPUs simultaneously. I'm new to these dual GPU systems so I'm not sure if this is user error or limits of the software.

Thanks in advanced for any suggestions or comments!
Yannick_Cyclone3DR
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: Yannick Stenger
Company Details: HEXAGON
Company Position Title: Product Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Multiple GPU Support??

Post by Yannick_Cyclone3DR »

Hi Eric!

Our AI classification tool does not support yet multiple GPUs and indeed we do not expose in Cyclone 3DR an interface to help the users to pick the appropriate GPU.

We are noting the 2 topics as feature requests. Note that AI classification evolves permanently in Cyclone 3DR so you can expect improvements in the future. Maybe you noticed the performance gain since the 2024.0 release in January ;)

In the meantime, all the information about the classification requirements is available through our documentation: https://cyclone3dr.leica-geosystems.com ... tionC.html

Take care,

Yannick
Kruse
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by Kruse »

Yannick_Cyclone3DR wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:30 pm Hi Eric!

Our AI classification tool does not support yet multiple GPUs and indeed we do not expose in Cyclone 3DR an interface to help the users to pick the appropriate GPU.

We are noting the 2 topics as feature requests. Note that AI classification evolves permanently in Cyclone 3DR so you can expect improvements in the future. Maybe you noticed the performance gain since the 2024.0 release in January ;)

In the meantime, all the information about the classification requirements is available through our documentation: https://cyclone3dr.leica-geosystems.com ... tionC.html

Take care,

Yannick
Sounds good and thanks for the info! It's not often we have desktops with multiple GPU's on our projects, but when we do, it would be nice to have 3DR use all available resouces. More than anything I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something simple in Windows settings or in 3DR.

Thanks Yannick!
EricGuizzetti_SK
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Eric Guizzetti
Company Details: Skanska
Company Position Title: Project Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by EricGuizzetti_SK »

Kruse wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:48 am With AI classification becoming more and more integrated with all these softwares, does 3DR support and actually use multiple GPUs? I'm testing a new Threadripper system that has dual A6000's and I can't seem to find a way to have 3DR actually use both GPUs simultaneously. I'm new to these dual GPU systems so I'm not sure if this is user error or limits of the software.

Thanks in advanced for any suggestions or comments!
damn! Dual GPU's? Lucky guy!
Kruse
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Post by Kruse »

EricGuizzetti_SK wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:43 pm damn! Dual GPU's? Lucky guy!
Usually these dual/multiple GPU systems are only used in our rendering/animation department, but every once in a while we get seed units/demo units from various suppliers and builders to test. This machine in question if pretty overpowered for reality capture workflows, or at least our software can't always take advantage of the 64 cores/multi GPU's. It's fun for testing, but not practical for most projects/VDC/BIM members. :lol:

Return to “Leica Cyclone 3DR”