"Scan to plan" but using a mesh?

Discuss Leica Cyclone 3DR software here.
leemarlowe
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Lee Marlowe
Company Details: EDF Energy
Company Position Title: Survey Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

"Scan to plan" but using a mesh?

Post by leemarlowe »

I quite often have cases where I need to make CAD drawings (polylines) from a 3D model.
Typical workflow being I have a navisworks model (.nwd) I turn it into a .obj and into Cyclone3DR - Our designers are not nice people and .ifc's are not always available so please don't ask....
Anyway once in Cyclone3DR I want to take slices (almost always z axis) to create a 2D Cad drawing.

Effectively what I am doing is creating CAD drawings level by level for each building model. These are then used for setting out verification on site.

Previously to do this I have had to extract the level I want from the whole building model in Navisworks first, and then export that to put into Cyclone3DR and use polyline creation. Both the polyline creation and extraction from Navisworks is a real pain.

I have seen the new release of 'scan to plan', which on the face of it seems to be exactly what I need (polyline sections at specified levels).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx6VIEWTo7U&t=1s

youtu.be/mx6VIEWTo7U

But is only works with scan data...

Anyone know a similar workflow that could work which would work with meshes?
Nicolas L
I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Nicolas LANDRIVON
Company Details: Technodigit
Company Position Title: Sales and Support
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: "Scan to plan" but using a mesh?

Post by Nicolas L »

Hello Lee

If you need to make sections on a surface model (mesh), you can use Extract / Sections / Planar Sections.
Do not hesitate to refer to the help center to check the options (F1).

Regards

Nicolas L
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Leica Cyclone 3DR”