3DR Tunnel Profiles compare inspect for tunnel monitor

Discuss Leica Cyclone 3DR software here.
david.winters
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: David Winters
Company Details: RM Surveys
Company Position Title: HDS Surveyor
Linkedin Profile: Yes

3DR Tunnel Profiles compare inspect for tunnel monitor

Post by david.winters »

Hi all,

I have two meshes of a tunnel at different epochs which have holes in them due to noise or lack of data capture. Creating the profiles is no problem, however when i compute the compare inspection of profile-to-profile the tool is annotating the roof-to-floor in areas rather than roof-to-roof (Image attached). I can obviously remove the annotations with settings but i cant reduce the search radius for compare/inspect.
Any workarounds available or maybe my workflow is at fault..?
Capture.PNG
MeshMeasure+MeshRef+Neutralaxis ==> create profiles (Image 2)
Profile creation.PNG
Move to compare/inspect and use Tunnel inspection + MeshRef as reference, set remove points more than of .2m (Image 3)
compare inspect creation.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yannick_Cyclone3DR
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: Yannick Stenger
Company Details: HEXAGON
Company Position Title: Product Manager

Re: 3DR Tunnel Profiles compare inspect for tunnel monitor

Post by Yannick_Cyclone3DR »

Hello David,

You seem to have lots of holes in your 2 meshes and you should try to fill at least the small ones first (select the mesh > Surface Modeling menu > Fill holes > Check the option "select borders shorter than..."). Indeed, there may be issues when there are too many isolated parts during the comparison/inspection step of the profiles.

Can you also confirm that you checked the option "Remove points distant of more than" in the Compare/Inspect step ? It seems so according to the third image of your message so the results are suprising.

If necessary, you can also share the dataset with me and we'll have a look: [email protected]

Thanks!

Yannick
david.winters
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: David Winters
Company Details: RM Surveys
Company Position Title: HDS Surveyor

Post by david.winters »

Hi Yannick,

Thanks for the feedback. The holes have been filled in to best ability but due to the nature of the tunnel ( Corrugated steel ) not all holes have been filled. Have managed to get passed the issue with a different reporting technique but the tool, If I understand correctly, is not intended for as-built to as-built dataset comparison.

Regards,

David
Yannick_Cyclone3DR
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: Yannick Stenger
Company Details: HEXAGON
Company Position Title: Product Manager

Post by Yannick_Cyclone3DR »

Hello David,

Thank you for the updates! Actually, Cross Section Analysis workflow is also appropriate for as-built vs. as-built comparisons.
Another way that you can use for this workflow is:
- analysis: comparison between the 2 meshes
- define the appropriate gradient (over/under for example)
- extract: sections along curve and check the option "create inspected section"
You will have the informed sections you're looking for. The difference with the predefined "Cross section analysis" workflow is that you won't have an automatic report from this workaround, but you can give it a try.

For your information: thanks to your feedbacks, we're currently improving our section/section command to prevent inappropriate results from happening when holes create a group of polylines for each section. This bugfix should be released in a month or so. So again, thank you for your contribution!

Yannick

Return to “Leica Cyclone 3DR”