3D Reshaper Spherical Tank

Discuss all 3DReshaper related issues here.
Mansour21
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Mansour Ali
Company Details: Saudi Aramco
Company Position Title: Geomatics Engineer
Linkedin Profile: No

3D Reshaper Spherical Tank

Post by Mansour21 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:50 pm

Hi

I've tried a demo license of 3D Reshaper processing cylindrical tanks and I'm really impressed by the results. I'm wondering if it can do the same with the spherical tanks? if not, is there any suggestion for a software/method to process such tanks? Thanks..

Mansour

gilles_3Dreshaper
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Gilles Monnier
Company Details: Technodigit
Company Position Title: 3DReshaper Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: 3D Reshaper Spherical Tank

Post by gilles_3Dreshaper » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:26 pm

Hi Mansour,

Thx for the feedback on cylindrical tank implementation.

The beauty of the tank module in 3dreshaper is that the user is guided all the way through, with all values from the API which are directly provided.
But, you could use all individual tools from 3dreshaper to obtain the exact same results. Of course, you would need to know where is the tool to create the best cylinder, to cut the shell from the bottom and the top, to create the color map deviation, to unroll...

What I mean here is that what you can do in a non guided way for cylindrical tanks in 3dreshaper, you can do it on spherical tank of course!
Gilles
3DReshaper Manager
http://www.3dreshaper.com

Mansour21
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Mansour Ali
Company Details: Saudi Aramco
Company Position Title: Geomatics Engineer
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by Mansour21 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:30 pm

Hi Gilles,

Thanks for your reply. I’m going to receive data of a spherical tank after two weeks from now. I’ll try processing it with 3DReshaper and I’ll put my feedback here.

mrhunt
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Michael H
Company Details: CFM
Company Position Title: Senior Surveyor

Post by mrhunt » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:22 pm

gilles_3Dreshaper wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:26 pm
Hi Mansour,

Thx for the feedback on cylindrical tank implementation.

The beauty of the tank module in 3dreshaper is that the user is guided all the way through, with all values from the API which are directly provided.
But, you could use all individual tools from 3dreshaper to obtain the exact same results. Of course, you would need to know where is the tool to create the best cylinder, to cut the shell from the bottom and the top, to create the color map deviation, to unroll...

What I mean here is that what you can do in a non guided way for cylindrical tanks in 3dreshaper, you can do it on spherical tank of course!
Gilles,

Is there a way to create the cross sections (as in the tank module) using a cone shaped tank? I have created the mesh and best fit cone but would like to see the cross sections with radii and deviations from best fit cone.

gilles_3Dreshaper
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Gilles Monnier
Company Details: Technodigit
Company Position Title: 3DReshaper Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by gilles_3Dreshaper » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:44 pm

Hi Michael,

In order to create sections on a cone, you'll need to:
1. Create a mesh out of it: select the cone and just launch the Construct / Mesh / From geometries (see image below).
2. Create the sections for both the "Cone mesh" and the mesh coming from the measurements (Polyline planar sections)
3. Group each sections into a group of section
3.a. Select the sections from the cone mesh and group them with the Home / Group tool (maybe rename as "Cone sections"
3.b. Select the sections from the measurement mesh and group them (proposed name: "measured sections")
4. Select the cone sections and then the measured sections and run the inspection (Measure / Compare/Inspect - see 2nd image below)

Let me know how that goes!
ConeSections.PNG
ConeInspection.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gilles
3DReshaper Manager
http://www.3dreshaper.com

Return to “3DReshaper”