THANKFUL for BLACK FRIDAY

Post any marterial related the future technology of laser scanning.
dhirota
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Dennis Hirota
Company Details: Sam O Hirota Inc
Company Position Title: President
Linkedin Profile: Yes

THANKFUL for BLACK FRIDAY

Post by dhirota »

We all have many things to be thankful for over the many years, including that the Laser Scanning Forum has helped the membership become more productive. Thanksgiving is more than a turkey dinner with family and friends in the USA. For many it is the start of Christmas shopping with Black Friday (day after Thanksgiving) and camping out to get the best deals on Thursday night.

I have been using a 43 inch Samsung 4K TV as my workstation monitor for at least a year, which has been helpful in displaying visualizations. Yesterday we decided to ask the office if a 43 inch 4K Samsung TV would be more productive than a dual or triple Samsung 24 inch monitor. After a day trial, we purchased a bunch of 43 inch TVs for all in the office that wanted one.

IMG_6347_SMALL.jpg

We were also thankful to Costco and Samsung that sold the TVs for US$230 each with a free 3 year Samsung warranty and Costco's additional free 2 year warranty extension for using their credit card. Since I am getting older with poorer vision, I decided to get myself a Samsung 50 inch 4K TV for US$280, same warranty deal.

An additional note: we are all using NVIDIA graphics cards which help in displaying the great color on the equivalent of 4 Samsung monitors without the edges. The future technology is already here with 8K TVs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dennis Hirota, PhD, PE, LPLS
www.samhirota.com
[email protected]
jcoco3
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Full Name: Jonathan Coco
Company Details: Consultant
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: THANKFUL for BLACK FRIDAY

Post by jcoco3 »

Sweet deals Dennis. I love my 50" too :P It took some getting used to, but now there is no going back to anything smaller.

Speaking of productivity...ditched the second monitor when I got the 50" but was unsatisfied with the limited window docking in Windows 10. Found a nice inexpensive program called Aquasnap, which is the best solution I have found for docking multiple windows the way I like.

They have a free trial too, so you can check them out for yourself. https://www.nurgo-software.com/products/aquasnap

Happy Thanksgiving!

Return to “Future Technology”