Regitering a mix of inclined and verticals scans

Discuss RiScan Pro & RiSolve software here.
Merluche
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Merluche
Company Details: UMR AMAP LAB
Company Position Title: Technician of research
Linkedin Profile: No

Regitering a mix of inclined and verticals scans

Post by Merluche »

Hi all,
I'm using RiscanPro.

I'm having trouble to register scan made on field with angles of 30°, 45°, 90° and 0° mixed together.

-If i use the "Automatic registration 2" i obtain some pop up that ask me to manually correcting the inclined scan. Unfortunately, manualy i can only move the scan from up and down and right to left but not to change inclination.
-I tried to go with the "Calculate via inclination sensor" right clicking on SOP but doesnt seems to work since i can only choose the scan i right clicked as reference. I would prefer to be abble to choose a scan that is vertical as refererence...

Do there is please an efficient method to register this mess of inclined scan all together ?

I precise that on field i didn't use any GPS or additional tilt sensor since i thought that the inclination sensor are in the Lidar scan itself.

My workaround consist at regitering the vertical scans all together then add one by one the other playing with the TIEPOINTS.

Thanks in advance for help ! I have read about a tilt position sensor that can be added on the scan but i'm not sure that i got it.

If more info are neede, feel free to ask, i'm here ;)
Merluche
Bernhard
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Bernhard Groiss
Company Details: Riegl LMS GmbH
Company Position Title: senior technical expert
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Regitering a mix of inclined and verticals scans

Post by Bernhard »

which scanner was used?
...it is normal
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Regitering a mix of inclined and verticals scans

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

Merluche wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:29 am Hi all,
I'm using RiscanPro.

I'm having trouble to register scan made on field with angles of 30°, 45°, 90° and 0° mixed together.

-If i use the "Automatic registration 2" i obtain some pop up that ask me to manually correcting the inclined scan. Unfortunately, manualy i can only move the scan from up and down and right to left but not to change inclination.
-I tried to go with the "Calculate via inclination sensor" right clicking on SOP but doesnt seems to work since i can only choose the scan i right clicked as reference. I would prefer to be abble to choose a scan that is vertical as refererence...

Do there is please an efficient method to register this mess of inclined scan all together ?

I precise that on field i didn't use any GPS or additional tilt sensor since i thought that the inclination sensor are in the Lidar scan itself.

My workaround consist at regitering the vertical scans all together then add one by one the other playing with the TIEPOINTS.

Thanks in advance for help ! I have read about a tilt position sensor that can be added on the scan but i'm not sure that i got it.

If more info are neede, feel free to ask, i'm here ;)
Merluche
Had these troubles myself a while ago but if i use the tilt mount i tend to do all scans twice. Always one of the two is fine to register.

I use the tilt mount only very sparse, when scanning through narrow shafts to go up a level.
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]

Return to “RiScan Pro & RiSOLVE”