Move four registered scans to a GPS location

Discuss RiScan Pro & RiSolve software here.
poley
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Andrew Poley
Company Details: Boise State University
Company Position Title: Research Assistant
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Move four registered scans to a GPS location

Post by poley »

Hello everyone,

I am curious if there is anyway to shift four registered scans to specified GPS locations (taken with a RTK). I registered the four scans using the GPS locations first (picture 1) but the scans don't seem to align well. If I just register the scans together without the GPS locations all the scans align (picture 2). If I register the scans the second method I still need to have the scans in the correct GPS location for academic purposes, so anyone know of a way to do this? or improve registration using the GPS?

I also tried using multi station adjustment on the GPS registered scans but it didn't seem to correct the problem enough, and scans are still way off.

Thank you,

Andrew
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rikore
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Bruce Yager
Company Details: Rikore Geomatics
Company Position Title: Department Head
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Move four registered scans to a GPS location

Post by Rikore »

GPS coordinates can be off depending on the site. Even a tenth or two can cause issues. Register the scans together with out control, then pick two of the GPS coordinates and see if the scans will align to the two. If not pick one and calculate an azimuth to a second. Place the scans on the good coordinate and rotate to the second using the azimuth. Hope this works in the program you are using.

Return to “RiScan Pro & RiSOLVE”