Mine scanning market development

Discuss all Tunnel & Mining related issues here.
iSCAN
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: Richard Lapointe
Company Details: 3D laser scanning and modelling
Company Position Title: Director

Mine scanning market development

Post by iSCAN »

Hi group,

I'm exploring the possibility of developping market in the field of mine scanning. I do have professionnal contact on a old mine that is reopening. This one is a closed environment, and open pit is easier to survey.

As I'm not really in this field, what's the arguments to approach engineers and what's the best practice in this field? What are they expecting as standard delivrables ?

What the best technical approach, phase base scanner and lots of station, the use of robots, time-of-flight and long range?
You have experiences and links to share? Thanks!
grahamhunter
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: Graham Hunter
Company Details: 3D Laser Mapping
Company Position Title: Managing Director
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Mine scanning market development

Post by grahamhunter »

I can post some experience from one of our clients in this market as follows:

A survey, commissioned by Arian Silver Corporation who recently added the brownfield project to their portfolio, enabled further definition of the mine’s potential by providing an accurate volumetric calculation of previously ‘worked’ areas. The survey has also enabled Arian Silver to replace existing mine drawings with geometrically accurate plans and support operational design and planning as the second phase of drilling commences.

The data capture element of the project was completed in just 3 ½ days. Covering 2.2 km of underground drives, stopes and access ramps 3D-R1 conducted more than 80 scans per day. The raw data was then processed to create a comprehensive 3D plan of the underground mining operation. The data was delivered to the client in a variety of formats, compatible with leading mine development software packages including Datamine, Micromine and Vulcan, and was in use at the client site in less than a month. The resulting data corresponded exactly with existing topographic aerial photographs and contour maps of the mine site already held in MicroMine.

You can see an animation here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8AcjeilEHg

I hope this gives you some idea of what is being done in this field.

Graham
---------------------------------------------------------------
Graham Hunter
iSCAN
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: Richard Lapointe
Company Details: 3D laser scanning and modelling
Company Position Title: Director

Re: Mine scanning market development

Post by iSCAN »

Hi, I've added a brief animation on our web site illustrating the results of a 200 meters scans I've made in a gallery.
Have a look at http://www.graphsynergie.com/videos/pop ... ideo=flash to see it.
You're more then welcome to send our comments ! Have a nice day!

Return to “Tunnel & Mining”