Alternative to Leica Register 360

Discuss all Construction & Architecture related issues here.
rodeoboy38
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Kenneth Heinz
Company Details: Construction
Company Position Title: BIM Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Alternative to Leica Register 360

Post by rodeoboy38 »

We are looking for an alternative software for our Leica Register 360 software. We are currently using an Leica RTC 360 scanner. We don't do a lot of scanning so the cost or the licensing is starting put us in a bind.

What software's would be comparable to the Register 360 at a lower cost?

We currently link the LGS files into our Revit.

Thanks in advance,
Rodeoboy38
VXGrid
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Martin Graner
Company Details: PointCab GmbH
Company Position Title: Research and Development
Linkedin Profile: No

Re: Alternative to Leica Register 360

Post by VXGrid »

Leica raw scan files are properitary, so you can only look at Leica software to be able to use the data.
If you have a Leica software in which you can import your data and export it to another file format (eg E57), then you might be lucky, but I think there is none?
nyda
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Giovanni Scocchera
Company Details: New York Design Architects
Company Position Title: New York Design Architects

Post by nyda »

VXGrid wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:52 pm Leica raw scan files are properitary, so you can only look at Leica software to be able to use the data.
If you have a Leica software in which you can import your data and export it to another file format (eg E57), then you might be lucky, but I think there is none?
BLK 360 G2.
But I believe you still need Field 360 on mobile and (if I am not wrong) you have to pay for it ( I don't know how much).
landmeterbeuckx
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Lieven Beuckx
Company Details: Studiebureau Beuckx
Company Position Title: Owner

Post by landmeterbeuckx »

rodeoboy38 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:55 pm We are looking for an alternative software for our Leica Register 360 software. We are currently using an Leica RTC 360 scanner. We don't do a lot of scanning so the cost or the licensing is starting put us in a bind.

What software's would be comparable to the Register 360 at a lower cost?

We currently link the LGS files into our Revit.

Thanks in advance,
Rodeoboy38
Don't know if it's possible but this is a good exemple of companies buying all this gear and think that they can do it cheaper then hiring an expert to do the scanning for them.

It's not just about the scanner alone, that's only a small part.

If you don't have the cash or find it to expensive to cough up the $$$ already for the software i would just sell the rtc360 and hire in future a consultant to do the scanning for you. Maybe this seems a bit harsh but that's my thought about it.
LSBbvba
Surveying services - 3D Laserscanning
Tel : +32477753126
www.lsbbvba.be
[email protected]
JNally
I have made 90-100 posts
I have made 90-100 posts
Full Name: Joe Nally
Company Details: EPS
Company Position Title: Lead Surveyor

Post by JNally »

There is an option to hire the license as per when you need it. you can get it in 2 week blocks, then charge it to each job as you go.

You could also get someone to register the data for you.
rodeoboy38
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Kenneth Heinz
Company Details: Construction
Company Position Title: BIM Manager

Post by rodeoboy38 »

Thanks for the replies. The buying licenses by blocks of time is an interesting option.

Sincerely,
Rodeoboy38
Abhi_Kumar
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: Abhinav K
Company Details: Scasa GmbH
Company Position Title: Strategic Development

Post by Abhi_Kumar »

Hi there.
Did you check out PinPoint yet? PinPoint has a registration tool and can directly talk to Leica Scanners like RTC360.
Check it out here: https://scasa.eu/pinpoint/en/#pricing

Hopefully, this solves your problem.

For more questions, you can write to us at [email protected]
gsisman
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Steve Long
Company Details: Montgomery County DOT _ MD
Company Position Title: Land Survey Supervisor
Skype Name: gsisman1

Post by gsisman »

Abhi_Kumar wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:23 am Hi there.
Did you check out PinPoint yet? PinPoint has a registration tool and can directly talk to Leica Scanners like RTC360.
Check it out here: https://scasa.eu/pinpoint/en/#pricing

Hopefully, this solves your problem.

For more questions, you can write to us at [email protected]
This sounds interesting and I was perusing your site over the last two weeks. I didn't see details on the Data burden costs though. The examples are all very small datasets. Many of ours run in the 11-20GB with a BLK360 G1 .No details on ingesting NATIVE BLK format files. Field 369 can now export e57 files individually or in a Field360 Pre-aligned bundle, that could then be uploaded or used perhaps with your software to register, but as mentioned the Field ware needs to be purchased if used WITHOUT Register 360 .
In regards to Leica Software-we have quite a collaboration and I agree with Leiven, the scanner is a small part of the ONGOING costs of processing ,managing, and delivering the data. It looks like the overall cost of scanning, at survey and engineering levels is not cheap. It is the cost of doing business and my feeling is that you have to be all in and use it a lot for it to pay off. Find your niche....and then exploit it.

BTW- for those who don't know.....
Leica has totally re-worked/ remarketed ,restructured there Laser scanning SW line since January if you haven't heard.
This is a general notice to Leica customers that was sent out just before Christmas
Dear Laser Scanning Software Customer,

We are pleased to share with you some upcoming changes to the TLS Software license portfolio that we hope you and your customers will welcome as a simplification and upgrade to their current system which helps to more holistically bridge their field and office workflows.
Cyclone PUBLISHER Family

Beginning January 1, 2023, all existing Cyclone CORE (REGISTER, MODEL, SURVEY), Cyclone REGISTER 360 and Cyclone REGISTER 360 (BLK Edition), Cyclone 3DR Standard, IMS Map360 Pro and Cyclone Pegasus OFFICE seats will immediately receive an upgrade to include the full functionality of Cyclone PUBLISHER. Cyclone PUBLISHER as a stand-alone product will be liquidated.

Cyclone PUBLISHER Pro will be renamed Cyclone WORKLFLOW and remain available to purchase to enhance the capabilities of those products. Owners of permanent seats of Cyclone PUBLISHER may wish to upgrade to Cyclone WORKFLOW and may continue to use article 915290 to upgrade to Cyclone WORKFLOW for advanced publication and processing capabilities. Any subscription licenses which include a Cyclone PUBLISHER seat will need to be replaced when their current contract expires.

The following article numbers will see a name change AND a price reduction.

Article Number New Product
Cyclone WORKFLOW
864396 Cyclone WORKFLOW Permanent
864397 Cyclone WORKFLOW 15 day Eval
864398 Cyclone WORKFLOW EnterpriseElite
864399 Cyclone WORKFLOW TimeLimted
5308158 Cyclone WORKFLOW Option (1yr Subscription)
6012196 Cyclone WORKFLOW CCP 1yr
6012197 Cyclone WORKFLOW CCP 2yr
6012198 Cyclone WORKFLOW CCP 3yr
5004424 Cyclone WORKFLOW CCP Reactivation
Upgrades and Migrations
866734 Cyclone TV/JS PUB Upgrade to Cyclone WORKFLOW
915290 Cyclone PUBLISHER Upgrade to Cyclone WORKFLOW

Cyclone REGISTER Family

Cyclone REGISTER will be liquidated. After more than 20 years, it will no longer be developed with new features and new scanner support. All development efforts are being transitioned to Cyclone REGISTER 360. Since 2020, we have made an effort to transfer the tools and features from Cyclone REGISTER to Cyclone REGISTER 360. You can read about those efforts here and here. The work of ensuring parity between the two products will remain a central focus of the product’s roadmap in the years to come.

Though Cyclone REGISTER will no longer be sold, it will continue to be supported. In other words, Cyclone REGISTER will continue to exist, only in its current form. All owners of Cyclone REGISTER will continue to receive support for the product through the end of their contract and will retain access to Cyclone REGISTER 360 where new features and scanner support will be added with each release.

Additionally, all Cyclone REGISTER 360 license holders will immediately gain access to Cyclone REGISTER via their REGISTER 360 license. This is an inversion of the system which exists today in which a Cyclone REGISTER license provides access to Cyclone REGISTER 360. This change further signals the shift in the Reality Capture group’s development priorities should cement the idea of Cyclone REGISTER 360 as Leica Geosystem’s premier registration product.

To support this new license logic, the Cyclone REGISTER 360 upgrade to Cyclone REGISTER will be liquidated and replaced with a Cyclone REGISTER upgrade to Cyclone REGISTER 360 article (970731). When owners of Cyclone REGISTER reach the end of their CCP, they should use this upgrade to switch to a Cyclone REGISTER 360 license and begin purchasing CCP for that new product in order to maintain their maintenance and access to both products.

Owing to the new capabilities within Cyclone REGISTER 360 and Cyclone REGISTER 360 (BLK Edition) licenses from the addition of Cyclone PUBLISHER functionality and exporting from Cyclone FIELD 360, the products have been renamed Cyclone REGISTER 360 PLUS and Cyclone REGISTER 360 PLUS (BLK Edition) and new article numbers created to support them.

Please note that any open quotes or orders for any Cyclone REGISTER product cannot be completed after January 1, 2023. Please ensure that you move to quickly close these open contracts before the end of the year. All new orders should be placed with the new Cyclone REGISTER 360 PLUS and BLK Edition articles to ensure timely delivery. Any subscription licenses which include a Cyclone PUBLISHER, Cyclone REGISTER, Cyclone REGISTER 360 or Cyclone REGISTER 360 (BLK Edition) seat will need to be replaced when their current contract expires.

The following NEW article numbers will be added to the price books.

Cyclone REGISTER 360 PLUS

979836 Cyclone REGISTER 360 PLUS Permanent
5311711 Cyclone REGISTER 360 PLUS Option (1yr Subscription)
979916 Cyclone REGISTER 360 PLUS 15 day Eval
979921 Cyclone REGISTER 360 PLUS EnterpriseElite
979919 Cyclone REGISTER 360 PLUS TimeLimited
6018134 Cyclone REGISTER 360 PLUS CCP 1yr
6018135 Cyclone REGISTER 360 PLUS CCP 2yr
6018136 Cyclone REGISTER 360 PLUS CCP 3yr
5005590 Cyclone REGISTER 360 PLUS CCP Reactivation
Cyclone REGISTER 360 PLUS (BLK Edition)
979839 Cyclone REGISTER 360 PLUS (BLK Edition) Permanent
979918 Cyclone REGISTER 360 PLUS (BLK Edition) 15 day Eval
979920 Cyclone REGISTER 360 PLUS (BLK Edition) TimeLimited
979922 Cyclone REGISTER 360 PLUS (BLK Edition) EnterpriseElite
5311712 Cyclone REGISTER 360 PLUS (BLK Edition) Option (1yr Subscription)
6018137 Cyclone REGISTER 360 PLUS (BLK Edition) CCP 1yr
6018138 Cyclone REGISTER 360 PLUS (BLK Edition) CCP 2yr
6018139 Cyclone REGISTER 360 PLUS (BLK Edition) CCP 3yr
5005591 Cyclone REGISTER 360 PLUS (BLK Edition) CCP Reactivation
Upgrades and Migrations
970731 Cyclone REGISTER migrate to Cyclone REGISTER 360 PLUS
976361 Cyclone REGISTER 360 (BLK Edition) upgrade to Cyclone REGISTER 360 PLUS
979838 Cyclone REGISTER 360 migrate to Cyclone REGISTER 360 PLUS
979840 Cyclone REGISTER 360 (BLK Edition) migrate to PLUS

Cyclone FIELD 360

Additionally, all existing Cyclone REGISTER Family (REGISTER, REGISTER 360 and REGISTER 360 (BLK Edition)) seats will immediately receive an upgrade to include support for exporting files from Cyclone FIELD 360. This superb feature first made available in an unofficial capacity in Cyclone FIELD 360 4.0 allows uses to export jobs that have be pre-aligned in the field. This feature nicely complements the registration and publishing features of Cyclone REGISTER family products and is therefore activated by those licenses. Quick Plan remains an optional add-on for those who wish to make use of the floor/room planning functionality.

Cyclone FIELD 360 will now be offered in three versions:
1. Cyclone FIELD 360 Standalone—this version supports working with Cyclone FIELD 360 with on-device LiDAR only. Users may purchase Quick Plan as an add-on. The Standalone license supports a single device login.
2. Cyclone FIELD 360 (BLK Edition)—this version supports working with BLK devices and on-device LiDAR. This is the version that will now be activated by Cyclone REGISTER 360 (BLK Edition) licenses. Users will see the change inside of Cyclone Cloud after January 1, 2023. Users may purchase Quick Plan as an add-on.
3. Cyclone FIELD 360—this is the fully equipped version that support BLK devices, RTC360 and P-Series as well as on-device LiDAR. This is the version that will be activated by Cyclone REGISTER 360 and Cyclone REGISTER licenses. Users may purchase Quick Plan as an add-on.

Cyclone FIELD 360
5311653 Cyclone FIELD 360 BASIC
5311654 Cyclone FIELD 360 (BLK Edition)
5310944 Cyclone FIELD 360 Quick Plan Option

Quick Plan

Quick Plan was introduced to the Cyclone FIELD 360 product as a simple way to begin work on deliverables from within the field. As a deliverable creation tool, it will now be enabled either through the purchase of the standalone Quick Plan product on a yearly basis or via Cyclone 3DR license. Any Cyclone 3DR AEC or Pro license will enable Quick Plan. One Cyclone FIELD 360 license will enable a single seat of Quick Plan.

Just as with Cyclone FIELD 360 enabled by a Cyclone REGISTER family license, users must activate the Cyclone 3DR license in desktop CLM and then add that pre-activated EID into Cyclone Cloud. Users will see an additional line item appear on their Cyclone FIELD 360 product.

Users with existing Cyclone FIELD 360 licenses do not need to re-activate their license they simply need to add it to Cyclone Cloud after January 1, 2023.

The following article numbers will remain UNCHANGED.

Cyclone 3DR AEC
901196 Cyclone 3DR AEC Option Permanent
901521 Cyclone 3DR AEC Edition Permanent
901520 Cyclone 3DR Pro Edition Permanent
5310236 Cyclone 3DR AEC Option Subscription (1yr)
5310239 Cyclone 3DR AEC Edition Subscription (1yr)
5310238 Cyclone 3DR Pro Edition Subscription (1yr)
901514 Cyclone 3DR AEC Option TimeLimited
901517 Cyclone 3DR AEC Edition TimeLimited
901516 Cyclone 3DR Pro Edition TimeLimited
905405 Cyclone 3DR AEC Option EnterpriseElite
905408 Cyclone 3DR AEC Edition EnterpriseElite
905407 Cyclone 3DR Pro Edition EnterpriseElite

Cyclone SURVEY

Cyclone SURVEY is moving to a subscription-only model. All Permanent, TimeLimited and CCP articles will be phased out and cannot be ordered or renewed. The upgrade path from Cyclone SURVEY to Cyclone 3DR Survey Edition remains available.

CloudWorx

CloudWorx users will now be able to purchase subscriptions which align to their Cyclone Subscriptions, ensuring that they can maintain a single renewal date. The Cyclone Subscription Base (5308150) has been renamed the Reality Capture base and new CloudWorx subscription articles have been created which align to that base. As a result, every CloudWorx subscription must now include a Reality Capture Base.

Existing CloudWorx subscriptions will not renew. Regions should track the end of subscriptions for their customers and place new orders for the below articles.

With the release of CloudWorx for SOLIDWOKS 2023.0.0 the product will be activated by the CloudWorx Ultimate license in addition to CloudWorx for SOLIDWORKS licenses. All owners of CloudWorx Ultimate will immediately gain access to CloudWorx for SOLIDWORKS by updating to the 2023 release of CloudWorx for SOLIDWORKS.

An upgrade path will be made available for owners of CloudWorx for SOLIDWORKS who wish to upgrade to CloudWorx Ultimate to gain access to other CloudWorx products. As always, this upgrade path is available for permanent licenses only.

CloudWorx Subscriptions
5311676 CloudWorx AutoCAD Pro Subscription (1yr)
5311677 CloudWorx AutoCAD Basic Subscription(1yr)
5311678 CloudWorx Revit Subscription (1yr)
5311679 CloudWorx Navisworks Subscription (1yr)
5311680 CloudWorx Bentley Subscription(1yr)
5311681 CloudWorx PDMS Subscription (1yr)
5311682 CloudWorx Ultimate Subscription (1yr)
5311683 CloudWorx BricsCAD Pro Subscription(1yr)
5311684 CloudWorx BCAD Basic Subscription (1yr)
5311685 CloudWorx SOLIDWORKS Subscription (1yr)
Upgrades and Migrations
866733 CloudWorx Ultimate Upgrade from CW/MW

Map360
Map360 users will now be able to purchase subscriptions which align to their Cyclone Subscriptions, ensuring that they can maintain a single renewal date. The Cyclone Subscription Base (5308150) has been renamed the Reality Capture base and new Map360 subscription articles have been created which align to that base. As a result, every Map360 subscription must now include a Reality Capture Base.

Existing CloudWorx subscriptions will not renew. Regions should track the end of subscriptions for their customers and place new orders for the below articles.

Map360 Subscriptions
5311688 MAP 360 Sketch (1yr)
5311689 MAP 360 Standard (1yr)
5311690 MAP 360 Pro (1yr)

BLK Packages
BLK Packages have been streamlined for consistency and simplicity. Every BLK device will now be orderable with any of the following software package configurations.
See this matrix
https://www.screencast.com/t/Ro0h24anf
*for BLK360 G1 and BLK360 G2; BLK2GO will be released later. Cyclone FIELD 360 BLK only.
** Quick Plan is included in Cyclone 3DR PRO Edition

Discontinued Articles

To reiterate all products which are being phased out, liquidated and discontinued cannot be ordered after January 1, 2023 regardless of whether there is an active quote. These quotes must be closed by the end of the year in order to deliver these products. Likewise, for ALL subscriptions and CCPs which have been phased out, please note that these will not renew and it shouldn’t be attempted to renew them. Please use the upgrade path to a new product where available or discuss advance-purchase CCP with your customers. All final orders of these products must be fully processed prior to December 31, 2022.

The following Article numbers will be completely liquidated:

Article Number Old Product
Cyclone PUBLISHER
914470 Cyclone PUBLISHER Permanent
914475 Cyclone PUBLISHER 15 day Eval
914482 Cyclone PUBLISHER EnterpriseElite
864399 Cyclone PUBLISHER TimeLimted
5310455 Cyclone PUBLISHER Option (1yr Subscription)
6015916 Cyclone PUBLISHER CCP 1yr
5310429 Cyclone PUBLISHER CCP 1yr Updates
5310441 Cyclone PUBLISHER CCP 1yr Support
6015917 Cyclone PUBLISHER CCP 2yr
5310430 Cyclone PUBLISHER CCP 2yr Updates
5310442 Cyclone PUBLISHER CCP 2yr Support
6015918 Cyclone PUBLISHER CCP 3yr
5310431 Cyclone PUBLISHER CCP 3yr Updates
5310443 Cyclone PUBLISHER CCP 3yr Support
5005111 Cyclone PUBLISHER CCP Reactivation
Cyclone REGISTER Family
798751 Cyclone REGISTER Permanent
808828 Cyclone REGISTER 15 day Eval
806531 Cyclone REGISTER EnterpriseElite
808358 Cyclone REGISTER TimeLimited
5308152 Cyclone REGISTER Option (1yr Subscription)
5308633 Cyclone REGISTER Option, pro-rated Days
6007859 Cyclone REGISTER CCP 1yr
5305509 Cyclone REGISTER CCP 1yr Updates
5305534 Cyclone REGISTER CCP 1yr Support
6007860 Cyclone REGISTER CCP 2yr
5305510 Cyclone REGISTER CCP 2yr Updates
5305535 Cyclone REGISTER CCP 2yr Support
6007861 Cyclone REGISTER CCP 3yr
5305511 Cyclone REGISTER CCP 3yr Updates
5305536 Cyclone REGISTER CCP 3yr Support
5003387 Cyclone REGISTER CCP Reactivation
878418 Cyclone REGISTER 360 Upgrade to REGISTER
Cyclone FIELD 360
5310943 Cyclone FIELD 360 Option
5310945 Cyclone FIELD 360 Option, pro-rated
Cyclone SURVEY
798752 Cyclone SURVEY Permanent
808831 Cyclone SURVEY 15 day Eval
806533 Cyclone SURVEY EnterpriseElite
808361 Cyclone SURVEY TimeLimited
5308634 Cyclone SURVEY Option, pro-rated Days
6007868 Cyclone SURVEY CCP 1yr
5305518 Cyclone SURVEY CCP 1yr Updates
5305543 Cyclone SURVEY CCP 1yr Support
6007869 Cyclone SURVEY CCP 2yr
5305519 Cyclone SURVEY CCP 2yr Updates
5305544 Cyclone SURVEY CCP 2yr Support
6007870 Cyclone SURVEY CCP 3yr
5305520 Cyclone SURVEY CCP 3yr Updates
5305545 Cyclone SURVEY CCP 3yr Support
5003389 Cyclone SURVEY CCP Reactivation
CloudWorx
5308165 CloudWorx AutoCAD Pro 1yr Subscription
5308166 CloudWorx AutoCAD Basic 1yr Subscription
5308167 CloudWorx Revit 1yr Subscription
5308168 CloudWorx Navisworks 1yr Subscription
5308169 CloudWorx Bentley 1yr Subscription
5308170 CloudWorx PDMS 1yr Subscription
5309501 CloudWorx BricsCAD Pro 1yr Subscription
5309692 CloudWorx BricsCAD Basic 1yr Subscription
5309694 CloudWorx SOLIDWORKS 1yr Subscription
5308171 CloudWorx Ultimate 1yr Subscription
Map360
5308173 MAP 360 Sketch Option (1yr)
5310895 MAP 360 Sketch, Pro-rated days
5308174 MAP 360 Standard Option (1yr)
5310896 MAP 360 Standard, Pro-rated days
5308175 MAP 360 Pro Option (1yr)
5310897 MAP 360 Pro, Pro-rated days
VXGrid
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Martin Graner
Company Details: PointCab GmbH
Company Position Title: Research and Development
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by VXGrid »

gsisman wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:42 pm
In regards to Leica Software-we have quite a collaboration and I agree with Leiven, the scanner is a small part of the ONGOING costs of processing ,managing, and delivering the data. It looks like the overall cost of scanning, at survey and engineering levels is not cheap. It is the cost of doing business and my feeling is that you have to be all in and use it a lot for it to pay off. Find your niche....and then exploit it.
I don't know if there is a workaround or I missunderstand,
but to me it is strange to pay for hardware and then have ongoing software costs to be able to use that hardware.

Like yeah, maintenance, energy costs, usage, calibration totally makes sense, but think about daily items.
You buy a car and everytime you want to drive somewhere you need to swipe your credit card?
You buy a phone and everytime you unlock the screen $$$ is reduced from your account?

The gas for the car, the maintenance checks, the registry fee, taxes, makes sense,
Apps on the phone, phone network access, sure.

If I upgrade the software on the scanner or update my software on my computer this is linked with somebody working on that, meaning there are existing costs.

Perhaps it is a business thing, I mean I can't think about any examples where this is normal, but perhaps there are other areas like medicine or banking where paying for hardware and in addition have ongoing costs to be able to use it is normal?

Sorry about the rant, please enlighten me!

gsisman wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:42 pm BTW- for those who don't know.....
Leica has totally re-worked/ remarketed ,restructured there Laser scanning SW line since January if you haven't heard.
This is a general notice to Leica customers that was sent out just before Christmas
[...]
Thanks this is very interesting to know!
jedfrechette
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Jed Frechette
Company Details: Lidar Guys
Company Position Title: CEO and Lidar Supervisor

Post by jedfrechette »

gsisman wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:42 pm Leica has totally re-worked/ remarketed ,restructured there Laser scanning SW line
I need a flow chart and a budget for a 3 person planning team just to try and understand all of these different SKUS.
Jed

Return to “Construction & Architecture”