Choosing Best Software for Web Sharing/Hosting

3DUserNet, Cintoo, GeoSignum Pointer, Pillr, Pointbox, Pointerra, Pointly, PointSharePlus, Pythagoras, Potree, Vercator, WebShareCloud, Etc.
NewSpin.com
I have made 10-20 posts
I have made 10-20 posts
Full Name: Mike Windham
Company Details: Browser based point cloud technology
Company Position Title: CEO
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Re: Choosing Best Software for Web Sharing/Hosting

Post by NewSpin.com »

Hello All,

Take a look, it's been done you can go steam in 3D take measurements and more in a web browser. It took our small company over two years to get it right. It has 360 tagging and all that too, we have been doing that for years internally and just released this public offering.

NewSpin.com
Aaron_Hazen
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Aaron J.R. Hazen
Company Details: Coast 2 Coast Surveys
Company Position Title: Senior Project Manager - 3d Architecture

Post by Aaron_Hazen »

I'm not seeing a scan-view option. Our modelers really utilize the scan photos also.
Aaron Hazen
Senior Project Manager

[email protected]
http://imgur.com/a/CzfH4
richard_m
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Richard Merrin
Company Details: Fugro
Company Position Title: Data Processor _ Project Engineer

Post by richard_m »

Hi all, we've (Fugro) crossed this bridge a few years back and are now beginning to roll out a commercial software package. Bit of a different application but same principal as discussed here so here goes some shameless promotion..

A few years ago one of our top-tier Oil & Gas clients for whom we make, typically, 10,000? scans/year presented the problem of managing the scan data they were starting to drown in. Then started the scope-creep which is still galloping along nicely to this day, quickly it became a requirement for not only managing but viewing, marking, layering, sharing................. And so our software team developed our Site-Spot product, and still are.

Put very simply we host a clients scan collection, on our servers, theirs or the cloud and then in an browser (no plugin) the Client and any authorised person can view / measure / markup in real time from their scan library. The new LFM Netview is a very similar product. Recent additions to this allow integration with model packages such as SmartPlant etc so models can be imported, we have a client viewing their scan data under demolition, design and as-built models all of which can be turned on or off etc.

We've been developing this directly with clients which has produced a solution that is infinitely customizable to local requirements. Some people are very interested in using it for plant maintenance planning, others for demonstrating their design/demo plans and some just want to manage and view their stock of scans. This is an important point for us, we don't produce a boxed product but rather the Site-Spot technology is whatever it needs to be.

Traditionally Fugro does not put much effort into marketing, for generations our clients have come to us for solutions and so as far as I can see we've never had to evolve this capability. Don't expect a flashy website or global sales team (yet?) but the people paid more than me are slowly bringing it together and Site-Spot now has a dedicated Project Manager and Support and we've got clients running in Europe and Gulf States with Australia and U.S. in the pipeline.

Here's the thing. If you've a few hundred scans to view and mange simply use TruView / Webshare etc. To the handful of decision makers on this forum whom are ever likely to face enquiries such as...

"How can we derive more useage and value from our thousands of scans of this plant"
or
"How can we join up all this scanning stuff to form a tool we can use to manage our maintenance requirements more effectively".
or
"Ok, if we spend all this budget scanning the entire facility, then what?"
etc,

... we should talk. We've crossed these bridges and are far down the road to a place where we have few if any any rivals yet. We don't have a fixed offering but are now looking to offer our technology and experience around Site-Spot either as a contractor, technology partner, licensor - all things are possible. Mostly.

I'm not going to post pretty pictures but if you want some promo material or to discuss a potential product just mail.

Richard.
Last edited by richard_m on Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aaron_Hazen
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Aaron J.R. Hazen
Company Details: Coast 2 Coast Surveys
Company Position Title: Senior Project Manager - 3d Architecture

Post by Aaron_Hazen »

The Faro Webshare Cloud team has accommodated my needs quite well... Thanks for everyone's inputs. :D
Aaron Hazen
Senior Project Manager

[email protected]
http://imgur.com/a/CzfH4
JWFARO
I have made 40-50 posts
I have made 40-50 posts
Full Name: Julian Weisser
Company Details: FARO Europe
Company Position Title: 3D Software Developer
Linkedin Profile: No

Post by JWFARO »

We just released WebShare Cloud v1.8 which includes multi-scan measurements - a feature to continue measurements in other scans which has been discussed in this thread.

You can see an example here:
https://websharecloud.com/?v=pv&t=p:def ... e-solitude

Double-click on the measurement points with arrow to jump to the measurement points in other scans.

You can try to create a multi-scan measurement yourself even without user account.

I hope you like it!

Thanks Aaron for beta testing this feature.
PHughes
I have made 20-30 posts
I have made 20-30 posts
Full Name: Patrick Hughes
Company Details: Self-Employed
Company Position Title: Metrology Engingeer

Post by PHughes »

Hi Aaron

Have you looked at the Veesus software for pointcloud visualization and websharing. It's a very powerful software and they now have the ability to share the pointclounds through a web server or across the web on tablets, laptops and through the web browser. It's definitely worth looking at in your research.

http://www.veesus.com/veesus/

Hope you find what your looking for. :D

Return to “Web Based Software”