Batch Create individual scans

Discuss Autodesk ReCap Studio software here.
Chris06
I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Chris
Company Details: Not Applicable
Company Position Title: Not Applicable

Batch Create individual scans

Post by Chris06 »

Sorry if this is a simple question; I haven't looked into it much yet but I can't remember seeing an option in Recap...

We're doing a large project consisting of hundreds of scans which we will be delivering in a recap format (for use in recap, autocad, revit etc.). What i'd like to do is quickly create 1 recap file per scan cloud and have a key diagram showing scan locations. This would allow our clients to choose the location they are interested in and only reference in maybe 10 scans around that area. Is there an easy way to do this quickly?

If it's relevant, I'll be registering in Cyclone and exporting .ptg or .e57 files to go into Recap...

Thanks!
Chris06
I have made 50-60 posts
I have made 50-60 posts
Full Name: Chris
Company Details: Not Applicable
Company Position Title: Not Applicable

Re: Batch Create individual scans

Post by Chris06 »

I had more of a think about this - I suppose users could just xref in individual RCS files out of the support folder, the only problem with that is that scan names (as labelled in cyclone) are lost on import into Recap. Has anyone got a solution for that? I could rename them all in Recap back to what they were originally called but I'd rather not do that...
Andrej
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member
Full Name: Andrej
Company Details: Meixner Vermessung and Freelancer
Company Position Title: Project Manager
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by Andrej »

Hi

as solution could be creating all the RCS files and use a HTML page like Leica TruView and once you click on a scan position load the RCS files from all the scans around it into ReCap. You need some programming but it can be done.

Regards Andrej
SolidPoint
I have made <0 posts
I have made <0 posts
Full Name: James Pegg
Company Details: SolidPoint Limited
Company Position Title: Managing Director
Linkedin Profile: Yes

Post by SolidPoint »

You should also be able to create a new project in Recap then import the individual rcs files from the support folder created from cyclone, this should automatically set up real views in recap.

I say should because it will depend on how your support folders are set up and what version of recap your using. we've done it on a number of projects and it works quite well. We just scheduled the individual scans in a Revit Project and turned on/off the individual sets of 5-10 scans as they were needed. makes working with scan data and Revit a bit simpler too.

This was one of the projects we put this into practice on: http://www.solidpoint.co.uk/laser-scanning-fire-survey/
James Pegg
Lead Surveyor/ BIM Manager at SolidPoint
Please check out our laser scanning and Scan to BIM services

Return to “Autodesk ReCap Studio”